Monday, September 14, 2015

first complete spread!

it's done!

ok, it's not perfect but it is a start and i am so very pleased!
i haven't forgotten the little bit i had learned about drawing! and, really, my skills can only improve from here as my layering backgrounds is still very rough.

i'm not super happy with the size of the font and how the words came out when i watercolored them. however, i am not concerned about fixing it as i am *DONE* with this spread. i have done what i can. i feel like i am safe to "detach" and move on to my next project.
i looooooove washi tape!

the phrase means a lot to me, i spent a lot of time figuring it out. i struggle with feeling like i should be more successful or further along in life. i do struggle with acceptance. i often have to combat my introverted nature and "resting bitch face" even though i am one of those people who don't care much about what people think about me. but this phrase says i am happy just where i am with what i have. so, eat that inner critic!
my words, up close.

so, i watercolored the page with my phrase on it but it just didn't come out the way i had hoped it would. the letters are so big that they  hide so much the drip technique, which i LOVED! but all this, this is my inner critic speaking. all that matters is that i finished it and that i am happy with it how it is!

my upside down doll face. the shading may be off but i'm quite pleased that her face looks even remotely like a face!
hello funny face!




thank you for following me through my first journal spread. tomorrow... whimsies!

No comments:

Post a Comment