Friday, September 11, 2015

look what i found!

it's been a rough day, one that i am likely very lucky that i made it through. i spent most of the day wishing i had a cathartic release. art came to mind several times over, card making or art journaling, but my craft area was buried under about 3 feet of toys, crayons, junk mail, and random junk that everyone in my house was likely just too lazy to put away. i settled for journaling my day away writing about anything and everything that i needed out of my head. but i made myself a promise, when i felt better i would find my desk again under the mess.

i did that tonight.
while i was at it, i dug out my hand bound art journal.
the one i bound some 3 years ago from effy wild's free bookbinding 101 course and has been sadly collecting dust since.

i fully intend to make use of it.


and below, a few of the backgrounds i had started way back when...
 

this one held a truth that is still valuable advice even (especially) today.
 
and inside, my passwords to the many classes and ning websites i had collected before the "art block".

tomorrow is a new day in which i plan to make use of that art journal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment